Sustainability is important to Advertisers Printing because its purpose is the very essence of life. It means protecting and caring for gifts that most of us take for granted. It introduces a deeper meaning to work, putting in your hours and going home feeling good about what you accomplished. Business as usual today has to change or there won't be a tomorrow.
NO GREENWASHING HERE!We aren't selling logos. We are nurturing sustainable practices. At Advertisers Printing we take our commitment to the environment very seriously. Advertisers Printing is proud to be a Sustainable Green Printer. See how SGP compares to other certifications. Our Facts:
- Waste ink is recycled. In 2008 we recycled 4.1 tons of ink. All of our inks are heavy in pigment allowing us to use less to achieve color.
- Waste solvent is recycled. In 2008 we recycled 1,141 pounds of solvent.
- Metal plates are recycled. In 2008 we recycled 7.2 tons of metal.
- We use VOC FREE four color process inks on all process jobs printed on conventional paper.
- We use low VOC vegetable oil based PMS inks
- We use low VOC aqueous coatings
- We offer digital proofing via our InSite internet portal thus eliminating transportation of the proof and the materials (chemicals and proofing)
- We have eliminated alcohol from all of our press dampening systems
- We have eliminated silver from the waste stream by utilizing a completely digital prepress department that uses no film
- We use a computer controlled ink mixing system that ensures color accuracy resulting in fewer remixes and ink waste.
- All office paper is recycled after we have either copied or printed on both sides of the sheet.
- We've reduced energy usage in our building by using variable speed air compressors and installing energy efficient lighting in the press, bindery, warehouse and shipping areas.
- We employ two delivery vehicles that average 30+ mpg in highway driving
- THREE employees drive hybrid cars
- We recycle all soda cans, cell phones, and have abandoned the use of plastic utensils
- We support employee car pools
- We make every effort to get mail lists from clients BEFORE we go to press, therefore printing and mailing only what is needed, reducing energy needed to produce and reducing waste
The Advertisers Printing Company's management and employees are committed to working safely, protecting our health and welfare and preserving the environment while still producing the highest quality product and offering superior service to our clients. It is our policy to:
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations concerning safety, health and the environment. We have implemented programs and procedures that will check for conformity. If non-compliance is found, we will immediately take action to remedy any problems.
- Provide our employees, clients and visitors with a safe and healthy work environment.
- Be committed to pollution prevention. We reduce, reuse and recycle materials used in our printing processes along with items that are used personally by employees while at work.
- Communicate our commitment to sustainability to our employees, clients, vendors, contractors and visitors. We work together with them to meet our goals and help them meet theirs.
- Take actions necessary to continuously improve all areas of our business including but not limited to safety, quality, service, health and environmental matters.